Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ella Blue

Ella Blue by GCD Studios arrived at the shop last week. WOW. That is all we can say. A Vintage collection like none we had seen before. Of course we had to do a layout to show it off!!

I used Tara for the background. I placed a large Doily over the page, and sprayed it with a home made mist, made up of Walnut Stain Distress reinker and water. I removed the Doily and dried it with my Heatgun. These papers have a wonderful linen texture, so they react quite well to water and heat. Very little, if any buckling. I then cut the big rose from Savannah, and dressed it up with some True Blue, Cinnamon and Waterfall Stickles. I cut two strips from Grace and layered it at the bottom of the page with some Tim Holtz Coredinations cardstock inbetween. Added a nice Blue ribbon and a stunning shimmer brown ribbon on top of that. Next I took a title tag from Authentique and distressed it, adding Walnut Stain ink to the edges. I then added a sentence from the Authentique Diction sticker sheet as my journaling. Made a ribbon with my Enmarc Bow Master and added a VERY old MM brad.


I then took the big butterfly from the Celebr8 range (distributed by The Wholesaler - did you know they have an online shooping facility?)and covered it with Cloudy Blue Paint Dabber. I then took Blue Glass Embossing powder and randomly added it to the butterfly. I used my heatgun to melt it. I then took some Espresso Alcohol ink, and dabbed it randomly all over the butterfly. Added some Distress Vintage Photo Stickles to some areas afterwards, and let it dry. For the title I used really cheap W & M chipboard letters, carefully embossed with Copper UTEE and Blue Glass. I just wanted a little bit of the Blue Glass to come through, and this took a little bit of time. But the end result is worth it!! I did the same with the swirl at the top of the butterfly and under the tag. I just matted the photo 3 times on cardstock, distressing the edges roughly with my Tim Holtz Tonic Distresser. I find his works the best if you are working with smaller pieces of paper and also thinner paper. The light cardstock is actually a Colormates Light Fairy Tale Pink! And there you have it!! We have all 12 papers in the range, selling only at R8! The papers are all double sided. Any ideas of what you would create with this range? Watch this space - we will have another layout soon - just to show you that you don't just have to do Vintage layouts! All products used are available at Scrapbook Studio Jeffreys Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment